- “Personal Information”, and “process/processing” bear the same meanings as set out in POPI.
- “we”, “us” or “our” refers to AdvaCare.
- “you” and “your” refers to every person that accesses or uses our Platforms also referred to as a user.
- “registered user(s)” refers to anyone registered on our Platforms and has provided us with a unique email address and password as well as other Personal Information in order to order goods and services on our Platforms.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We process Personal Information you submit when you use our Platforms or otherwise provide it to us. The type and level of information requested will depend on the services you use.
Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
- name and surname.
- email address.
- physical address.
- mobile phone number.
- online identifiers.
- date of birth.
Should your Personal Information change or you wish to amend and/or correct this Personal Information you can do this by updating your registered user information in your account profile.
You warrant that the information you have provided is accurate, current, true and correct and that does not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We process the Personal Information we collect and receive via the Platforms or otherwise to:
- identify you;
- verify your identity;
- create a user account for you;
- communicate with you; and/or
- enter into a contract with you.
As a registered user, we also process your Personal Information in order to:
- fulfill our contractual obligations to you when you have ordered goods in order for us to deliver those goods and process returns.
- provide you with information, products or services you request from us.
- communicate with you regarding our Platforms and provide you with information, products or services, including billing, customer support, resolving complaints and quality control.
- notify you about changes to our Platforms, services and products, terms and conditions,
- send you information about competitions, products or services that may interest you (unless you have opted out of receiving such information). Please note that you may also receive newsletters based on your interests, recent orders and browsing behaviour. To unsubscribe from newsletters sent to you based on your recent orders and browsing behaviours, visit the Newsletter Subscriptions page under “My Account” or unsubscribe when receiving such a newsletter.
- get feedback from you which we need to develop our products and services and grow our business.
- comply with any legal or regulatory obligations such as tax or financial laws.
- undertake research for statistical purposes. The research and statistics we get from this process do not include your Personal Information and cannot be linked to you, nor can you be identified from these statistics.
- to analyse the use of the website to ensure that content from the website is presented in
the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other access device;
- to monitor and/or keep records of our e-mail and other communications with you, and to address the nature and purposes of the communications. Telephone calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes and to assist us in providing you with the best service possible. We will inform you when we record calls;
We may use the information you provide about your children to help us understand your needs and interests (and those of your children as they grow) and to better tailor our services and communications to you. For example, we may use the information you provide us about gender or birth date of your baby to send information about gender or age-appropriate goods and services as your child grows.
HOW TO OPT-OUT OF MARKETING EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS
You have the right to request us not to contact you for purposes of direct marketing by any form of electronic communication such as automatic calling machines, email and/or SMS notification by “opting-out” of any direct marketing communications we may send to you.
WHO ELSE GETS TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing or any other purposes.
We may provide or make your Personal Information available to:
- our employees, the staff of the companies in the AdvaCare Group and/or third party service providers in order to enable them to assist us to interact with you via our Platforms for the marketing, ordering or delivery of goods.
- law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity.
- third parties (such as a potential purchaser and its professional advisors) in the event of any reorganisation, merger, consolation, sale, joint venture, or other disposition of any or all of our assets.
- our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, public relations, technology services etc).
However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your Personal Information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit or any other purpose, and must treat such information as confidential information.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
AdvaCare uses all reasonable endeavours to put in place and maintain electronic procedures and systems to ensure accuracy and to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information with reference to accepted technological standards.
The security of your personal information is important to us. Our website is encrypted to keep your information secure. We use PayFast for credit and debit card payment processing. It’ a trusted and reputable payment systems, approved by South African banks to process credit and debit card payments. No credit-card data is stored on our site. For more information on the security PayFast, please click this link https://payfast.io/ No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure,
however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
SENDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE SOUTH AFRICA
We may transfer certain Personal Information outside the geographic borders of South Africa to service providers for purposes set out above, including for data storage and back-up purposes to ensure the integrity of our systems.
When we transfer your Personal Information outside of the geographic borders of South Africa,
we will ensure that we do so in accordance with the requirements for lawful transfer outside of South Africa as set out in POPI.
By accessing and using our Platforms, you consent to us transferring your Personal Information outside of South Africa as set out in POPI.
ACCESS TO, OR UPDATES TO, PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can ask us to update, correct or provide you with a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. Any request for a copy of your Personal Information may be subject to a fee of R35 (or if different and relevant the sum prescribed in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013) to meet our costs in providing this to you. You can make a request by emailing email@example.com.
Please see our Cookie Statement for details of the cookies we use on this website.
Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
If you disclose your personal information to a third party, such as an entity which operates a website linked to this Website or anyone other than AdvaCare SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION TO THE THIRD PARTY.
This website is intended for South African residents unless otherwise stated.